So I’m back in the UK and life’s all gone a little mad…
– On Saturday (5th July) I turned 23 and drove over a 4170m mountain to get to the Salt Flats near Argentina’s border with Chile… It was pretty breathtaking.
– On Sunday we had to cut our trip short and fly home early due to a family emergency. This took 1 hire car, 2 taxis, 1 shuttle bus down a motorway, 1 car and 5 flights. Joyous.
– Monday night was spent sleeping on Barcelona airport floor with a Toblerone advert going on on repeat in the duty free shop behind. I now do NOT like Toblerones…
– We landed in Gatwick on Tuesday morning and waited to collect our luggage…and waited…and waited…still waiting. Apparently it went AWOL somewhere between Madrid-Barcelona-London. They’ve found one and it’s on it’s way to us but we still don’t know if it’s dad or mine (better be mine… 😉 my whole life in a rucksack!)
– On Tuesday night I went to bed for the first time since Saturday and slept 12 hours straight.
– I have a new house! Well I did a while back (with my dad) but actually living in it now and have seen it! I love it 🙂
– Did my first supermarket shop yesterday and was so excited! Hello almond milk, almond butter, pnb, kale, ohhh the happiness. And emergency underwear.
– It’s looking like I’m going to be living with one of my old friends in London come autumn when I start my Masters so that is super exciting 🙂
– All of a sudden it is summer. It doesn’t get dark until into the evening. This is confusing.
– And now because it is actually Wednesday I must hold my eyes open and watch the rest of the Argentina-Holland game before falling into my heavenly bed… Zzzz
Kudos to Amanda for letting me write this incoherent post.
Any madness in your life at the moment?