1. I’ve ratherly awkwardly realised that when I run with my water bottle (pretty much whenever I go running) I run with the thumb on my other hand stuck up, in a kind of a let’s go hitchhiking motion! Nobody’s stopped for me yet though…
2. When getting on the bus last week, behind a rather tall man, the bus driver started to drive off with me one leg in, one leg out the door! Needless to say a “WAAAHHH” followed, leading to a very flustered and apologetic bus driver and me feeling, once again, like I was the definition of elegance 😉
3. Speaking of buses, there is a well engrained habit here in Buenos Aires that men will generally (although not with Mr. Tall it seems!) let women onto buses first and allow them to get first choice of seats. Now this isn’t something that I would generally complain about but it got me thinking, is this anti-feminist? I mean, I despise being cat-called by men all day, everyday, yet when it comes to things we would consider to be ‘gentlemanly’, is this going against the equality women continue to strive for?
4. In more trivial news, they’ve finally started to spell my name right in Starbucks!! Pip is a very tricky name to get right here, so I’ve started going for Pippa instead and tah-dah!
5. Recently I have realised how much I desperately need to update my music collection… I am still listening to the same songs I was listening to during finals, which does bring back the occasional flashback to pre-exam fear and freak outs every now and then… Hardly a relaxing experience. Any suggestions?
6. I am feeling rather proud of myself this week for doing my first proper meal prep! (I am not a planner.) I made a (rather delicious, if I do say so myself) bolognese which was perfect for office lunches:
As well as this awesome banana bread (which also made me realise really just how dodgy my oven is… spot the difference anyone?)
7. The health food shop on my block has started stocking eggs and they are incredible, I mean, just check out this yolk action – so orange!
8. As the weather is getting colder here I am missing my duvet more and more, it seems that no matter how many blankets you pile upon your bed (I had 3 layers of bedding the other night), it just isn’t cosy!
9. And finally, I have decided it is my mission to be able to do a Handstand Push-up before I leave Buenos Aires, or at least a handstand. My wall climb’s getting better at least! Come.on.arms.
Any randomness or mishaps from your past week?